Centre extends last date for filing I-Tax returns to September 7
The Centre has extended the last date for filing
"Due date for filing Income Tax return extended till 7th Sep, 2015," the
The earlier date was August 31.
Earlier, the Income Tax department had extended the last date for filing I-T returns by residents of Gujarat to September 7 following disruption of normal life due to agitation over reservation to Patel community in the state.
The tax department has notified a new set of
The tax payers base in the country is just over 4 crore.
The government aims to collect Rs 7.98 lakh crore in direct taxes in the current financial year.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23
- Apple to declare the 12-inch MacBook as obsolete on June 30