CHART OF THE DAY: Mobile Ad Revenue Is Exploding, But Still Pretty Tiny Overall
The IAB is out with its latest stats on digital advertising (download a .pdf here).
One thing that stands out from the report is the exploding growth of mobile advertising. It's now 15% of all online advertising, up from 7% the year before.
While it's growing, mobile is still pretty small overall. For the first half of this year, mobile ad revenue was $3 billion, up from $1.2 billion the year before.
When you consider all the major ad supported companies that are focused on mobile - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, pop to mind - it's sort of crazy to think about them splitting ~$6 billion in revenue this year.
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore