CHART OF THE DAY: Mobile Ad Revenue Is Exploding, But Still Pretty Tiny Overall
The IAB is out with its latest stats on digital advertising (download a .pdf here).
One thing that stands out from the report is the exploding growth of mobile advertising. It's now 15% of all online advertising, up from 7% the year before.
While it's growing, mobile is still pretty small overall. For the first half of this year, mobile ad revenue was $3 billion, up from $1.2 billion the year before.
When you consider all the major ad supported companies that are focused on mobile - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, pop to mind - it's sort of crazy to think about them splitting ~$6 billion in revenue this year.
Popular on BI
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over