Charter to buy off rival Time Warner Cable for a whopping $78.7 billion
"Charter will provide $100.00 in cash and shares of a new public parent company ("New Charter") equivalent to 0.5409 shares of CHTR for each Time Warner Cable share outstanding. The deal values each Time Warner Cable share at approximately $195.71 based on Charter's market closing price on May 20, or approximately $200 based on Charter's 60-trading day volume weighted average price," the official press release said.
Charter has also confirmed that
"The combination of Charter, Time Warner Cable and Bright House will create a leading broadband services and technology company serving 23.9 million customers in 41 states," the official statement said.
(Image credit: Techgraphs)
Popular on BI
- Juniper Hotels shares jump over 10% after flat market debut
- Rupee turns flat at 82.89 against US dollar in early trade
- Stock market indices kick off trading day with stability, witnessing a mix of gains and losses
- Behavioral Finance Principles
- Apple cancels self-driving EV project, to lay off workers: Report