Check out these images of a new development that will bring hundreds of new homes and a sports stadium to south London
Alex Lawrie/Lawrie Cornish
The new development, with construction slated to start as early as the middle of 2016, will transform the area, creating housing for thousands of people, along with a 20,000 capacity stadium, the first new football stadium built in south London for more than a decade.
It will also include tens of thousands of feet of retail and leisure space.
The development is part of the London borough of Merton's drive to build thousands of new homes, and broadly regenerate the area, something Galliard Homes Planning and Development Director Mike Watson was keen to stress: "The new homes will include affordable housing for local people and will make a significant contribution towards Merton's own minimum 10-year target for new homes and the regeneration of this part of Merton."
Business Insider has been given access to CGI images of what the stadium and the homes surrounding it will look like once the project is completed.
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley