Chhattisgarh announces free education till class 12 in government schools
- Under the Right to Education Act, the Chhattisgarh government has announced free education to students till class 12th, Bhupesh Bhagel, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh said.
- As of now, the state government schools provide free education till class 8th.
- Along with that, the students will also have access to free books and school uniform.
The decision is likely to boost the education rate in the state, said State Minister Ravindra Choubey. Along with that, the students will have the benefit of free books and school uniforms.
Chhattisgarh is one of the first states to implement
आज महानदी भवन में आयोजित कैबिनेट की बैठक सफलतापूर्वक सम्पन्न हुई। इस दौरान अनेक महत्वपूर्ण निर्णय लिए गए। मंत्रि… https://t.co/G7Ps1fv27W— Bhupesh Baghel (@bhupeshbaghel) 1560353481000
Going further, the government is also planning to put a fee regulatory committee in place to keep a check on the fee structure of private schools, the State minister informed cabinet in the meeting on Wednesday.
According to the Right to Education Act (RTE), the students get access to ‘free and compulsory’ elementary education (6-14 years).
Popular on BI
- Voters of Telangana wanted a change, says Karnataka Dy CM Shivakumar
- Ladli Behna scheme a game-changer, credit to Shivraj Chouhan: Jyotiraditya Scindia as BJP sweeps MP
- Congress 'hand' stops BRS 'car' in Telangana, Revanth Reddy leads in Kamareddy seat as KCR trails
- Santa Claus Rally may hit markets early as BJP storms to power in Hindi Heartland
- Assembly results: BJP leading in 54 seats in Chhattisgarh