Chhattisgarh announces free education till class 12 in government schools
- Under the Right to Education Act, the Chhattisgarh government has announced free education to students till class 12th, Bhupesh Bhagel, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh said.
- As of now, the state government schools provide free education till class 8th.
- Along with that, the students will also have access to free books and school uniform.
The decision is likely to boost the education rate in the state, said State Minister Ravindra Choubey. Along with that, the students will have the benefit of free books and school uniforms.
Chhattisgarh is one of the first states to implement
आज महानदी भवन में आयोजित कैबिनेट की बैठक सफलतापूर्वक सम्पन्न हुई। इस दौरान अनेक महत्वपूर्ण निर्णय लिए गए। मंत्रि… https://t.co/G7Ps1fv27W— Bhupesh Baghel (@bhupeshbaghel) 1560353481000
Going further, the government is also planning to put a fee regulatory committee in place to keep a check on the fee structure of private schools, the State minister informed cabinet in the meeting on Wednesday.
According to the Right to Education Act (RTE), the students get access to ‘free and compulsory’ elementary education (6-14 years).
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- BCCI picks 3-member Cricket Advisory Committee that will kickstart process to select men’s national team
- 38 years on, 1.2 lakh Bhopal residents carry gas tragedy scars, fight for justice
- Telegram wants to allow users to store and trade cryptocurrencies
- Rupee gains 18 paise to 81.08 against US dollar
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World