Chhattisgarh announces free education till class 12 in government schools
- Under the Right to Education Act, the Chhattisgarh government has announced free education to students till class 12th, Bhupesh Bhagel, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh said.
- As of now, the state government schools provide free education till class 8th.
- Along with that, the students will also have access to free books and school uniform.
The decision is likely to boost the education rate in the state, said State Minister Ravindra Choubey. Along with that, the students will have the benefit of free books and school uniforms.
Chhattisgarh is one of the first states to implement
आज महानदी भवन में आयोजित कैबिनेट की बैठक सफलतापूर्वक सम्पन्न हुई। इस दौरान अनेक महत्वपूर्ण निर्णय लिए गए। मंत्रि… https://t.co/G7Ps1fv27W— Bhupesh Baghel (@bhupeshbaghel) 1560353481000
Going further, the government is also planning to put a fee regulatory committee in place to keep a check on the fee structure of private schools, the State minister informed cabinet in the meeting on Wednesday.
According to the Right to Education Act (RTE), the students get access to ‘free and compulsory’ elementary education (6-14 years).
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- While COVID-19 is making millions gasp for breath in India, state administrations are trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings