Chick-fil-A is coming to New York this summer
The three-story restaurant will be located on 6th avenue and West 37th Street in the Midtown neighborhood of Manhattan, Crain's New York Business reports.
Chick-fil-A generates more than $5 billion in annual sales and recently surpassed KFC to become the top chicken fast food chain in the U.S.
The chain has 1,850 US locations primarily located in the Southeast.
Like its other locations, the New York restaurant will not open on Sundays.
"We are beyond excited about opening our first freestanding restaurant in New York," Chick-fil-A spokeswoman Carrie Kurlander told Crain's New York. "This location will allow us to serve fans who have been asking us to come to New York and to earn the opportunity to serve new customers."
The chain is best known for its chicken sandwich, which is typically served with waffle fries.
According to Chick-fil-A, it's "a boneless breast of chicken seasoned to perfection, hand-breaded, pressure cooked in 100% refined peanut oil and served on a toasted, buttered bun with dill pickle chips."
A breakfast version is served on a buttered biscuit.
While no one knows the secret sauce, copycat recipes call for the chicken breast to be brined in pickle juice.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report