Paper planes to protest the Rafale deal — India's politicians are getting wackier
Former PM Dr. Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Smt. Sonia Gandhi, Congress President @RahulGandhi & senior leaders from the party hold a protest against the PM's lies on the #RafaleScam outside the Gandhi statue in Parliament. #ChowkidarChorHai pic.twitter.com/NQd4U1UEfs— Congress (@INCIndia) February 13, 2019
Here’s a glimpse of the protest carried by India’s leading opposition party:
The Indian government under the Bharatiya Janata Party signed a better deal than the Congress, said a report tabled by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
The Rafale deal signed in 2016 by Narendra Modi government was 2.86% cheaper in comparison with the deal signed by Congress in 2007, said the report.
The opposition leader, Rahul Gandhi, along with Sonia Gandhi and former Indian president Manmohan Singh joined the protest, which began just before India’s federal auditor tabled the report in upper house of the Parliament.
The Congress lawmakers were seen flying paper planes that had Rafale written on them alleging corruption in the multi-billion deal.
Twitter-Congress President Rahul Gandhi along Sonia Gandhi...
The party alleges that the Indian government signed a high price.
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best smartphones with 90Hz display under ₹20,000 in India
- Best 2.1 channel soundbars in India
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best multi-pin charging cables in India
- India vs Pakistan at T20 World Cup — Where to watch the match