CRAMER: Apple Should Give Carl Icahn A Board Seat
People talking about
"Maybe he wants a seat at the table. Would I give him a seat? Yeah," Cramer said this morning, adding, "I think Icahn is the single best investor in America today, so yes I would."
Cramer's argument in Icahn's favor is that Apple CEO
He says Cook is focused on customers, but not capital. He thinks Icahn would be good for focusing on capital and shareholders.
REMINDER: Icahn's $1 billion buy isn't even 1% of Apple's stock. There are dozens of shareholders with that much, or more Apple stock.
The only reason stuff like this is even coming up is because Apple's shares tanked from $700 to $400 in six months.
The reason those shares tanked was because Apple's earnings began to shrink. And the reason Apple's earnings began to shrink was that Apple's astounding iPhone and iPad businesses began to slow.
Apple needs new products to get its earnings growing again.
Any second Tim Cook spends with Icahn instead of on new products is a waste of time.
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip