CRYPTO INSIDER: Mt. Gox's disgraced CEO finds redemption
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider's roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
After 850,000 of former cryptocurrency exchange Mt. Gox's bitcoin went missing due to a mysterious hack, CEO Mark Karpelès retired to his Tokyo penthouse. Now, he has a new job in crypto.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- The owner of the New York Stock Exchange is expanding its crypto tool aimed at Wall Street
- LocalBitcoins, the Craigslist of crypto, is making millions by helping crypto expand to overlooked markets
- Indian traders are scrambling after the central bank cracked down on cryptocurrencies
- RareBits, which wants to be the eBay for blockchain has raised $6 million in venture capital
- Kraken's CEO says it won't answer New York Attorney General's inquiry, calls it "insulting"
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO