CRYPTO INSIDER: Mt. Gox's disgraced CEO finds redemption
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider's roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.After 850,000 of former cryptocurrency exchange Mt. Gox's bitcoin went missing due to a mysterious hack, CEO Mark Karpelès retired to his Tokyo penthouse. Now, he has a new job in crypto. Advertisement
Here are the current crypto prices:
- The owner of the New York Stock Exchange is expanding its crypto tool aimed at Wall Street
- LocalBitcoins, the Craigslist of crypto, is making millions by helping crypto expand to overlooked markets
- Indian traders are scrambling after the central bank cracked down on cryptocurrencies
- RareBits, which wants to be the eBay for blockchain has raised $6 million in venture capital
- Kraken's CEO says it won't answer New York Attorney General's inquiry, calls it "insulting"
- Bengaluru Police arrests 60 more people 'for their role in riots'
- Unscheduled transit flights cannot land for specific hours at Delhi airport on Aug 15
- This new test to diagnose Covid-19 in just 20 minutes
- Twitter celebrates India's 74th Independence Day with a new emoji
- UGC final year exam guidelines — The wait gets longer, Supreme Court to decide the final verdict on August 18