4 hours of sleep a night in a bean bag chair: Inside the hectic life of crypto titan Sam Bankman-Fried, the world's youngest mega-billionaire
- FTX founder
Sam Bankman-Friedbecame a billionaire and built a cryptoempire extremely quickly.
- He's achieved this at a time when crypto is facing its most intense regulatory scrutiny ever.
FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried is the only other individual besides Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to have gotten so rich so quickly.
The 29-year-old's crypto-derivatives exchange went from relative obscurity three years ago to rank sixth in spot trading and second in derivatives trading in just two years, according to CoinGecko.
With a net worth of $26.5 billion according to Forbes, Bankman-Fried has rapidly built an empire in an industry that is also growing at breakneck speed. He's done it at a time when crypto is facing the most intense regulatory scrutiny it's ever seen. And so far, FTX has managed to stay out of trouble while rival exchanges have not.
Insider spoke with Bankman-Fried and several of his closest friends, colleagues, and investors for an in-depth profile of the crypto billionaire. They described, in detail, what it's like to work with him, the work ethic that made him so successful so quickly, and how he's been able to attract major investors while skirting regulatory scrutiny.
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera