4 hours of sleep a night in a bean bag chair: Inside the hectic life of crypto titan Sam Bankman-Fried, the world's youngest mega-billionaire
- FTX founder
Sam Bankman-Friedbecame a billionaire and built a cryptoempire extremely quickly.
- He's achieved this at a time when crypto is facing its most intense regulatory scrutiny ever.
FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried is the only other individual besides Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to have gotten so rich so quickly.
The 29-year-old's crypto-derivatives exchange went from relative obscurity three years ago to rank sixth in spot trading and second in derivatives trading in just two years, according to CoinGecko.
With a net worth of $26.5 billion according to Forbes, Bankman-Fried has rapidly built an empire in an industry that is also growing at breakneck speed. He's done it at a time when crypto is facing the most intense regulatory scrutiny it's ever seen. And so far, FTX has managed to stay out of trouble while rival exchanges have not.
Insider spoke with Bankman-Fried and several of his closest friends, colleagues, and investors for an in-depth profile of the crypto billionaire. They described, in detail, what it's like to work with him, the work ethic that made him so successful so quickly, and how he's been able to attract major investors while skirting regulatory scrutiny.
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%