A luxury $22.5 million Miami penthouse was sold in the largest crypto real estate purchase to date
- A luxury penthouse in
Miamihas just been bought for $22.5 million using cryptocurrency.
- It is considered to be the largest known cryptocurrency real estate purchase to date.
- The transaction was closed just weeks after the developer announced that it would accept digital assets as payment.
The 5,067-square-foot unit comprises the entire ninth floor and offers a 360-degree view of Miami's ocean, shoreline, and cityscape.
The transaction closed just weeks after the developer announced that it will be accepting digital assets as payment for its condominiums. Miami recently has billed itself as a growing hub for the cryptocurrency market.
AdvertisementArte by Antonio Citterio, located in Florida's Surfside neighborhood, partnered with blockchain and securities trading platform SolidBlock.
SolidBlock will assist in the transaction and will provide legal and tax advice.
While this isn't the first property paid for in cryptocurrency, it is the biggest. The buyer remains anonymous and the company said it can't disclose the type of cryptocurrency used to purchase.
"We were overwhelmed by the amount of calls we received from qualified buyers," Alex Sapir, chairman of Sapir Corp LTD, whose subsidiary developed Arte, said in a statement. "Real-world crypto transactions haven't made their way fully into the mainstream yet, so it's clear that top holders around the world pay attention when new opportunities to transact open up."
The sale also comes just days after a blowout
The mayor of Miami has been striving to transform the city into the next Silicon Valley by embracing bitcoin and other technological innovators.
"If you would have told me in December that I was going to have a conversation with Elon Musk, eat lunch with Peter Thiel, become friends with Keith and meet [Coinbase CEO] Brian Armstrong pre-IPO and Fred and the Winklevoss twins, I would have told you, 'There's no way you can make this stuff up," Suarez told Insider.
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
Investments in crypto hit a new record of $17 billion, but Indian funds are yet to jump on the bandwagon
Chiacoin claims to be an eco-friendly cryptocurrency — here's how it works
Is a ban on cryptocurrencies even possible?
Even as Latin America embraces Bitcoin, Southeast Asia is clamping down on cryptocurrencies
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons