Another bitcoin-futures ETF is slated to start trading in October
Edward Smith/Getty Images
- VanEck looks ready to launch its bitcoin-futures
ETFnext week under the ticker "XBTF," according to an SEC filing.
- VanEck's Bitcoin Strategy ETF will begin trading after October 23, suggesting the launch could be on Monday, October 25.
AdvertisementAsset management firm VanEck looks set next week to launch an exchange-traded fund tied to bitcoin futures, just days after ProShares debuted the first-ever such product in the public
VanEck's Bitcoin Strategy ETF will begin trading after October 23 on the Cboe BZX Exchange, according to a company filing Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The fund will only invest in cash-settled bitcoin futures traded on exchanges registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, such as the CME Group.
The product will carry the ticker symbol "XBTF" and will begin trading "[as] soon as practicable after the effective date," of the registration statement. Since October 23 is a Saturday, that points to a potential start date of Monday, October 25.
Investors would then have another choice in a futures-based product after Tuesday's launch of the ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF. The "BITO" ETF invests in bitcoin futures contracts rather than the bitcoin, the world's most-traded cryptocurrency.
Meanwhile, a filing on Monday by alternative asset management firm Valkyrie indicates it's also set to soon launch its own
The new ETFs will follow a blockbuster debut by ProShares, which reportedly said its ETF brought in $570 million in assets on its launch day. It was the second-most heavily traded fund, landing turnover of nearly $1 billion with more than 24 million shares exchanged, according to Bloomberg data.
Bitcoin on Wednesday soared to a new all-time record high of $66,930.39, according to CoinMarketCap.
Popular on BI
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report