Ark Invest's Cathie Wood defends bitcoin as an inflation hedge in crypto panel with Elon Musk
Cathie Wooddefended bitcoin's role as an inflation hedge during a panel with Jack Dorsey and Elon Musk.
Ark Investfounder and CEO said bitcoin will serve as an inflation hedge in emerging market countries.
- She said citizens in emerging
marketswith "significant inflation" will migrate to bitcoin and other means to preserve their purchasing power.
The fund manager said bitcoin will serve as a hedge against inflation in certain situations, citing emerging markets as an example.
"There are a lot of emerging markets that are suffering from significant inflation-in other words, the purchasing power of those populations is going down. So they are going to migrate to bitcoin and other ways to preserve purchasing power," Wood said.
She made the remarks when asked what advice she would give for institutions looking to put bitcoin on their balance sheets. Wood added that being able to sell to people who have migrated to bitcoin in inflationary situations would be "very useful" for corporations.
Earlier in the panel, Wood discussed how bitcoin's fixed supply of 21 million tokens helps it's role in preserving purchasing power.
- LinkedIn is the most expensive digital advertising platform but is it worth it?
- ITC, Bharti Airtel, Indian Oil Corp among stocks to watch out for on May 18
- Here’s how you can check Prudent Corporate IPO’s allotment status, GMP and more
- Ethos IPO opens today — check out important details related to the IPO
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22