Billionaire investors Alan Howard and Paul Tudor Jones are expanding their crypto bets, report says
- Billionaire investors
Alan Howardand Paul Tudor Jonesare wagering on crypto, the Wall Street Journalreported.
- Howard launched a crypto hedge fund earlier this year and is placing bets on the asset class himself.
Billionaire investors Alan Howard and Paul Tudor Jones are placing big bets on crypto as Wall Street warms up to digital assets.
According to a report from the Wall Street Journal that cited people familiar with the matter, the two big-time investors are expanding their crypto bets, as
Howard, who cofounded Brevan Howard Asset Management, launched a crypto hedge fund in January betting on movements in
Jones, for his part, has bought up cryptocurrencies as the the founder of Tudor Investment Corporation attempts to hedge inflation, which is at its highest in 40 years.
Wall Street has been picking up the pace on its crypto investments recently. A previous report from the Journal cited Coinbase data that showed institutional investors traded $1.14 trillion worth of cryptocurrencies last year, a surge from just $120 billion in 2020 and more than double retail traders' $535 billion in 2021.
Some investors have been hesitant to buy into the space amid regulatory uncertainty. But the asset class may be getting some clarity from regulators soon, though, as President Joe Biden just announced plans to sign an executive order to expand oversight into the crypto market.
Citadel Securities' Ken Griffin, who had previously stayed away from the asset class, recently changed his mind and said his firm could be involved in crypto in the coming months.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report