Billionaire Mike Novogratz says the crypto market will continue to consolidate for months to come - but urges investors to hold
Mike Novogratzon Wednesday encouraged crypto investors to hold their ground despite a sharp sell-off.
- The Galaxy CEO posted a two-and-a-half-minute video explaining how volatile price swings are normal.
- He also encouraged investors to buy during the dip.
On Wednesday, at the depths of a seven-day sell-off that wiped out nearly 50% of cryptocurrency market valuation, billionaire Mike Novogratz gave investors his advice: "Hold your ground."
In a two-and-a-half-minute video released by his firm, Galaxy Digital, the founder and CEO said that volatility is normal.
"The market is now going to consolidate for weeks, if not a couple of months, as it rebuilds confidence," Novogratz said.
He said the "giant liquidation" was a confluence of multiple factors - from the recent lapse of the tax deadline, which qualified some
"We're not going to put Humpty Dumpty back together again in a week," said Novogratz. "But I want to stress loud and clear that the underlying progress that's happening in both the
The Galaxy chief also stressed that the value of cryptocurrency is the technology that is going to revolutionize how people transmit value to each other - in insurance, in derivatives, in banks.
"The great decentralized revolution is alive and strong. It's taken a price hit," Novogratz said. "Crypto suffered these washouts before and always came back strong."
John Wu - the president of Ava Labs, the team behind altcoin Avalance - was similarly unsurprised by the downturn.
"Generally when there's a lot of volumes, that's a sign of people clearing out," he told Insider. "That's why I think, there will be some stabilization."
The market cap for global digital currencies slid as low as $1.35 trillion on Wednesday, down 47% from a recent peak of $2.56 trillion on May 12, according to data from CoinMarketCap.com.
Read more: 'Wolf of All Streets' crypto trader Scott Melker breaks down his strategy for making money using 'HODLing' and 100X trade opportunities - and shares 5 under-the-radar tokens he thinks could explode
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor