Bitcoin broker NYDIG's $1 billion fund-raising round could be biggest ever for crypto sector
Cryptoinvesting firm NYDIG raised $1 billion in its latest fundinground.
- Investors include big institutions like
Morgan Stanleyand MassMutual.
NYDIG has raised $1 billion in what is among the largest crypto fundraises ever.
The company said the funding round was led by growth equity firm WestCap, along with a slate of high profile investors including Morgan Stanley and MassMutual.
"The prospects for both NYDIG and Bitcoin have never been more exciting," said co-founder and CEO of NYDIG, Robert Gutmann in a statement.
The firm said the new capital will be applied to its "institutional-grade bitcoin platform" and integrating features such as Bitcoin Lightning payments, asset tokenization, and smart contracts.
NYDIG is capping off a year of massive growth and a series of powerful business partnerships. The firm said they are a leader in "expanding access to bitcoin for millions of people."
The $1 billion raised by NYDIG beats out the $900 million raised by Sam Bankman-Fried's FTX in July. Bankman-Fried's crypto exchange was valued at about $25 billion.
"Our roster of partnerships and strategic investors lays the foundation for NYDIG to become the leading provider of Bitcoin solutions for businesses in any industry, and this new equity capital will further accelerate progress towards making this exciting network accessible – and useful – to all," Gutmann said.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands