Bitcoin broker NYDIG's $1 billion fund-raising round could be biggest ever for crypto sector
Cryptoinvesting firm NYDIG raised $1 billion in its latest fundinground.
- Investors include big institutions like
Morgan Stanleyand MassMutual.
NYDIG has raised $1 billion in what is among the largest crypto fundraises ever.
The company said the funding round was led by growth equity firm WestCap, along with a slate of high profile investors including Morgan Stanley and MassMutual.
"The prospects for both NYDIG and Bitcoin have never been more exciting," said co-founder and CEO of NYDIG, Robert Gutmann in a statement.
The firm said the new capital will be applied to its "institutional-grade bitcoin platform" and integrating features such as Bitcoin Lightning payments, asset tokenization, and smart contracts.
NYDIG is capping off a year of massive growth and a series of powerful business partnerships. The firm said they are a leader in "expanding access to bitcoin for millions of people."
The $1 billion raised by NYDIG beats out the $900 million raised by Sam Bankman-Fried's FTX in July. Bankman-Fried's crypto exchange was valued at about $25 billion.
"Our roster of partnerships and strategic investors lays the foundation for NYDIG to become the leading provider of Bitcoin solutions for businesses in any industry, and this new equity capital will further accelerate progress towards making this exciting network accessible – and useful – to all," Gutmann said.
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams