Bitcoin is flashing signals that point to a 26% jump in the next week, an analyst says
Bitcoinis flashing technical signals that point to a 26% jump as soon as next week, GlobalBlock says.
- The price of the digital asset could rise to as much as $42,000 if trading volume continues to pick up.
- Underpinning this prediction is a technical signal known as the
Bitcoin is flashing technical signals that point to a strong jump in price from current levels as soon as next week if trading volume continues to pick up, digital asset broker GlobalBlock said in a note on Monday.
The price of the world's largest
Underpinning this prediction is the Bollinger Bands indicator, which defines an upper and a lower range that forecasts volatility when constricted. The indicator has been at its tightest spread since September 2020.
That month, Sotiriou said, was when bitcoin began its run-up from $10,000 to its all-time high of nearly $65,000 in April of this year.
Bitcoin has been trading at $29,000-$42,000 since a broader cryptocurrency crash in May. Unless the price breaks out of this range, it technically remains in a downtrend, Sotiriou added.
However, he noted that bitcoin's price continues to hold the 50-week exponential moving average as support. It also looks to break out of a downtrend on the daily Relative Strength Index, which started in January 2021.
"Because the [Relative Strength Index] is trending up whilst price is trending down, bearish momentum is dying out," he said.
Bitcoin was last trading 2.43% lower, at $33,072 as of 3:23 p.m. ET on Monday.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%
- India records 1,590 fresh COVID-19 cases, highest in 146 days
- Paytm announces launch of its upgraded payments platform powered by 100% indigenous technology — a shining example of ‘Make in India’
- Finance ministry clarifies on hike in STT on options trading
- No draft of Digital India Bill published for public feedback or comments