Bitcoin is flashing signals that point to a 26% jump in the next week, an analyst says
Bitcoinis flashing technical signals that point to a 26% jump as soon as next week, GlobalBlock says.
- The price of the digital asset could rise to as much as $42,000 if trading volume continues to pick up.
- Underpinning this prediction is a technical signal known as the
Bitcoin is flashing technical signals that point to a strong jump in price from current levels as soon as next week if trading volume continues to pick up, digital asset broker GlobalBlock said in a note on Monday.
The price of the world's largest
Underpinning this prediction is the Bollinger Bands indicator, which defines an upper and a lower range that forecasts volatility when constricted. The indicator has been at its tightest spread since September 2020.
That month, Sotiriou said, was when bitcoin began its run-up from $10,000 to its all-time high of nearly $65,000 in April of this year.
Bitcoin has been trading at $29,000-$42,000 since a broader cryptocurrency crash in May. Unless the price breaks out of this range, it technically remains in a downtrend, Sotiriou added.
However, he noted that bitcoin's price continues to hold the 50-week exponential moving average as support. It also looks to break out of a downtrend on the daily Relative Strength Index, which started in January 2021.
"Because the [Relative Strength Index] is trending up whilst price is trending down, bearish momentum is dying out," he said.
Bitcoin was last trading 2.43% lower, at $33,072 as of 3:23 p.m. ET on Monday.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round