Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong says the goal is for the crypto exchange to list every asset that is legally possible
CoinbaseCEO Brian Armstrongsaid in a tweet that the goal is to list every crypto asset that is legally possible.
- He followed this up by saying his company does not offer opinions on the value of each asset.
- Investors should not take a listing on Coinbase as an endorsement of any token, he said.
Coinbase CEO and co-founder Brian Armstrong on Monday said the goal of his cryptocurrency exchange, the largest in the US, is to list every crypto asset that is legally possible.
"Reminder about how Coinbase lists assets: our goal is to list *every* asset where it is legal to do so," the executive said in a Twitter thread published to his 720,000 followers on Monday.
He followed this up by saying his firm does not offer opinions on the value of each asset. Investors should not take being listed on Coinbase as an endorsement.
"We are asset agnostic, because we believe in free
Armstrong added that Coinbase is working on tools that will allow ratings and reviews so customers can share their views about specific assets. Listing of crypto assets, particularly meme tokens like
In June, when Coinbase said it would list dogecoin, the meme token spiked in response. The company even announced plans to give away $1.2 million in dogecoin to encourage users to take advantage of its newest crypto trading option.
In 2017, Coinbase had four
"Over time we expect our customers around the world will have access through Coinbase platforms to at least 90% of the aggregate market cap of all digital assets in circulation," the company said in the post.Founded in 2012, Coinbase went public via direct listing Nasdaq on April 14.
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- OnePlus launches seven new products at its Cloud 11 event—here’s everything about the OnePlus 11, Buds Pro 2, Keyboard 81 Pro and more
- OnePlus 11 vs iQOO 11 – price, specs and features compared
- OnePlus 11 5G review: High on value, low on excitement
- Delhi to Kochi - Indian destinations international travellers are looking for in 2023
- Post pandemic, more organizations are moving towards e-recruitment, says a survey by HirePro