Crypto exchange FTX is partnering with the Golden State Warriors to launch the team's official NFTs
FTXand the Golden State Warriorsare partnering to launch official team NFTsto an international audience.
- "In our conversations with FTX, we quickly realized our joint desire to innovate around cryptocurrency integration and adoption," said the Warriors.
According to a Tuesday press release, FTX is set to become the official cryptocurrency platform and NFT marketplace for the Warriors. FTX will also be the first international rights partner for the Warriors, which will launch official team NFTs on FTX US starting in early 2022.
"Cryptocurrency has a well-established worldwide community and is going to be a major part of the sports, media and entertainment industries," said Warriors President Brandon Schneider in a statement. "In our conversations with FTX, we quickly realized our joint desire to innovate around cryptocurrency integration and adoption, including the role NFTs play in global fan engagement."
As part of the partnership, the Warriors and FTX also will give one bitcoin to three separate local organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area that address educational equity.
This isn't the first time the Warriors are breaking ground for sports in the digital asset space.
In April, the Warriors became the first professional sports team to launch its own NFT collection, which included commemorative ticket stubs and several editions of the team's championship rings. One of the team's NFTs sold for a whopping 285 ETH, or about $900,000.
Superstar and face of the Warriors franchise
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India