Crypto traders are clamoring to recoup losses after a Binance outage left them unable to dump tokens during a recent sell-off
- A service outage on leading
cryptoexchange Binanceleft some retail traders unable to curb losses during a sell-off.
- Hundreds of traders are now clamoring for the platform to compensate them for losses incurred.
- Binance attributed the outage to technical problems, WSJ reported.
View all Offers
- 35% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch King Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 72 X 6 Inches)₹ 11759₹ 19999Buy On
- 32% OFF
AVRO FURNITURE 7756 Plastic Chair | Set of 2 | Matt and Gloss Pattern | for Dining Room, Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room | Bearing Capacity up to 150Kg | Strong & Sturdy Structure₹ 1509₹ 1999Buy On
- 45% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo Swerve Height Adjustable Plastic Laptop & Utility Table with Cup Holder (Black)₹ 1169₹ 2200Buy On
- 31% OFF
Nilkamal Freedom Mini Medium Plastic Cabinet Brown , 2 Doors₹ 4699₹ 6500Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 6 Seater Fabric RHS L Shape Sofa Set (Blue)₹ 32999₹ 42000Buy On
A service outage on leading crypto exchange Binance left some retail traders unable to curb their losses during a market sell-off, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
The outage came as crypto
According to the WSJ article,
In normal downturns, traders can prevent forced liquidations by selling out of their positions at a loss or putting up additional collateral. The trading freeze meant Binance users had no way to manage their losses for an hour during the crash.
Hundreds of traders are now clamoring for the platform to compensate them for their losses, filing a petition with the company. But Binance, which does not have an official headquarters, is a not under the clear jurisdiction of any one regulator.
Binance attributed the outage to technical problems and said it took "immediate steps to engage with users affected by the outage," according to the Journal.
Binance - which has been partially banned in the UK - reportedly offered one trader who had lost big a three-month premium membership on the platform, and threatened to revoke the offer if he publicized it.
- Ethereum may not have too long to get its high gas fee issue in check, according to JPMorgan
- Terra's LUNA token continues to hold its own even in a crypto bear market — here's why
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021