CryptoPunks: pixelated avatars that the wealthy are snapping up for millions of dollars
Hannah ToweyJul 19, 2021, 16:33 IST
1. CryptoPunk 7523, the most expensive CryptoPunk to date, sold for over $11.7 million. Billionaire Shalom Meckenzie, the largest shareholder of DraftKings, purchased the work at Sotheby's auction in June.
2. CryptoPunk 3100, another rare alien, was sold for $7.58 million, It sports the sole accessory of a headband.
3. CryptoPunk 7804, one of nine rare Alien punks sold for $7.57 million. Original owner Dylan Field, the CEO of Figma, calls it "the digital Mona Lisa."
4. CryptoPunk 3011, one of 6039 Male punks, sold for $1.76 million. Its rarest feature is the "vampire hair" style.
5. CryptoPunk 6965 sold for $1.54 million. It is one of 24 Ape punks, with a fedora accessory.
6. CryptoPunk 2066, a rare Zombie punk with a knitted beanie, sold for $1.46 million.
7. CryptoPunk 1190, one of 88 Zombie punks, sold for $1.38 million.
8. CryptoPunk 4156, another Ape punk, sold for $1.25 million.
9. CryptoPunk 2140, an Ape punk with a knitted cap and small shades, sold for $1.18 million.
10. CryptoPunk 6297, a Zombie punk, sold for $1.17 million.
11. The least expensive CryptoPunk currently for sale is #3173, priced at just under $38,000. It is a Male punk with a cap, beard, glasses, and mole as its included accessories.