Daily sales of CryptoPunk NFTs are hitting record levels, with one rare zombie token selling for $5.3 million
- Daily sales volume for CryptoPunks NFTs hit a record high on Monday, according to CoinDesk.
- In the last 30 days, sales volume for the digital art collection has grown 881% to top $461 million.
- Meanwhile, a
Zombie CryptoPunksold for $5.3 million on Tuesday to become the fourth-most valuable CryptoPunkin the collection of 10,000.
Look no further than the numbers behind the CryptoPunks
On Monday, daily sales volume of CryptoPunks hit a record $86 million, according to CoinDesk, which cited industry tracking website CryptoSlam.
In the last 30 days, sales volume for CryptoPunks has grown 881% to top $461 million, per CryptoSlam.
Meanwhile, a single Zombie CryptoPunk sold for 1,600 ether, or $5.3 million on Tuesday. CryptoPunk #7252 is the fourth most valuable CryptoPunk and the highest in the rare green-faced zombie category. The seller originally paid $2.5 million for the NFT, more than doubling their investment through the transaction.
Most of the 10,000 CryptoPunks don't sell in the seven figures, but the art collection's NFTs still sell for higher than the average project. Visa, for example, paid $150,000 to buy CryptoPunk #7610 on Monday.
The banking giant's purchase is a sign of mainstream interest in the non-fungible token space.
Visa's head of
Read more: Top 16 meme stocks this week on Reddit: Alibaba comes back from the dead, and Nvidia catches fire, while AMC and GameStop stick around
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala