Elon Musk reveals the 5 big investments that fuel his more than $160 billion net worth
- Elon Musk's net worth topped more than $160 billion this year, making him the second richest person on Earth.
- Musk's net worth is driven by five investments, which he revealed at a conference on Wednesday.
- These are the five holdings behind Musk's net worth.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
a bitcoin-focused conference on Wednesday, Musk revealed the 5 big investments that fuel his massive wealth.
View all Offers
- 17% OFF
Mi Smart Band 5 – India’s No. 1 Fitness Band, 1.1-inch AMOLED Color Display, Magnetic Charging, 2 Weeks Battery Life, Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI), Women’s Health Tracking₹ 2499₹ 2999Buy On
- 25% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M31 (Ocean Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 14999₹ 19999Buy On
- 75% OFF
OFIXO Multi-Purpose Laptop Table/Study Table/Bed Table/Foldable and Portable Wooden/Writing Desk (Wooden)₹ 492₹ 1999Buy On
- 62% OFF
Boya BYM1 Omnidirectional Lavalier Condenser Microphone with 20ft Audio Cable (Black)₹ 750₹ 1995Buy On
- 63% OFF
Samsung EVO Plus 64GB microSDXC UHS-I 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-MC64HA)₹ 699₹ 1899Buy On
Musk's Stake: Unknown.Coined "the dogefather," Musk has been a long-time proponent of dogecoin and often tweets jokes about the meme-inspired cryptocurrency. In May, Dogecoin peaked at about $0.75 in anticipation of Musk's hosting of Saturday Night Live. Since its peak, dogecoin is down more than 70%. Read more: Zamir Kazi bought his first duplex in 2012 and his firm now owns more than 3,300 units. He breaks down the path to building his portfolio - and shares his best advice for breaking into real estate investing today.
Musk's Stake: Unknown.
Musk's Stake: Unknown.
Stake: Estimated at 48%, but could be lower if Musk's stake was diluted during the last funding round.
Stake: 22.4%, as of December 31. Musk can still receive billions more in
Aside from the investments listed above, Musk added that he owns a stake in two of his early-stage private companies, Neuralink and Boring Company, but that those investments are of little significance in value relative to the others.
- Canon’s new patent hints at a telephoto lens attachment for smartphones under development
- Kerala-based ESAF Small Finance Bank looks to raise ₹998 crore through IPO
- Meet BeachBot, a beach rover that uses AI to remove cigarette butts from beaches
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on health and household products
- Odisha’s temple town Puri becomes first Indian city with drinkable tap water available throughout the day