Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Italian fashion brand Dolce & Gabbana wants to crown
Elon Muskas the ‘ King of Crypto’ but only if he manages to buy the ‘ Doge Crown’.
- The item is a part of the brand’s first collection of non-fungible tokens (
- The highest bit right now is at 165 Ether (ETH), which is around ₹3.8 crore.
- Musk will have to beat that bid in order to have a chance to take the ‘Doge Crown’ home.
- The catch is that the ‘Doge Crown’ doesn’t have anything to do with American billionaire's favorite cryptocurrency, Dogecoin.
The legacy Italian fashion brand, Dolce & Gabbana want to crown American billionaire Elon Musk as the ‘King of Crypto’ but only if he can offer more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’ — the most expensive piece in the brand’s very first collection of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 11% OFF
Tecno POVA 2 (Polar Silver, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)| 7000mAh Battery | 48MP Camera | Helio G85₹ 11999₹ 13499Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
- 16% OFF
Oppo A16 (Pearl Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 13490₹ 16990Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
"Legend has it that the special collector that owns The Doge Crown will thereafter be the anointed King of Crypto..… https://t.co/2Boh8UuPyv— Dolce & Gabbana (@dolcegabbana) 1632654515000
Ironically, the Doge Crown has nothing to do with the Tesla CEO’s pet currency, Dogecoin. It’s being sold on a network based on Polygon called UNXD, the bids are in Ether, and it’s not based on the meme currency. Instead, the design of the Doge Crown was inspired by the Doge Palace located in northern Venice, Italy.
The highest bid so far is at 165 Ether (ETH), which comes up to around ₹3.8 crore, by a user called ethmad. This means that if Musk wants to jump into the ring, he’ll have beat that bid. The Doge Crown’s contemporary, the ‘Lion Crown’, has a bid of 125 ETH, which is ₹ 90 lakh cheaper.
Other items include the ‘Glass Suit’, ‘Dress from a Dream’, the ‘Impossible Tiara’, and the ‘Impossible Jackets’. All of the items, including the Doge Crown, were designed by the OGs themselves — Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
What would Musk get after spending more than ₹3.8 crore?
If the SpaceX founder is able to put in the highest bid, the Doge Crown — the actual physical item with seven blue sapphires and 142 diamonds — will be his.
In addition to the crown, the buyer will also receive a 4K rendered animation and stills of the item. There’s still more than three days left on the clock for interest parties to put in their bids, Musk included.
For a man with a net worth of ₹13.56 lakh crore, the current price of the Doge Crown is chump change. But,then again, Musk has never been one to follow the herd. Moreover, the influence of his tweets and statements has been called into question for doing more harm than good for cryptocurrencies, especially after he resigned his decision to accept Bitcoin as payment for Tesla cars.
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
AdvertisementCryptocurrency prices show signs of recovery with Bitcoin whales ‘buying the dip’
Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report