Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Italian fashion brand Dolce & Gabbana wants to crown
Elon Muskas the ‘ King of Crypto’ but only if he manages to buy the ‘ Doge Crown’.
- The item is a part of the brand’s first collection of non-fungible tokens (
- The highest bit right now is at 165 Ether (ETH), which is around ₹3.8 crore.
- Musk will have to beat that bid in order to have a chance to take the ‘Doge Crown’ home.
- The catch is that the ‘Doge Crown’ doesn’t have anything to do with American billionaire's favorite cryptocurrency, Dogecoin.
AdvertisementThe legacy Italian fashion brand, Dolce & Gabbana want to crown American billionaire Elon Musk as the ‘King of Crypto’ but only if he can offer more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’ — the most expensive piece in the brand’s very first collection of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
"Legend has it that the special collector that owns The Doge Crown will thereafter be the anointed King of Crypto..… https://t.co/2Boh8UuPyv— Dolce & Gabbana (@dolcegabbana) 1632654515000
Ironically, the Doge Crown has nothing to do with the Tesla CEO’s pet currency, Dogecoin. It’s being sold on a network based on Polygon called UNXD, the bids are in Ether, and it’s not based on the meme currency. Instead, the design of the Doge Crown was inspired by the Doge Palace located in northern Venice, Italy.
The highest bid so far is at 165 Ether (ETH), which comes up to around ₹3.8 crore, by a user called ethmad. This means that if Musk wants to jump into the ring, he’ll have beat that bid. The Doge Crown’s contemporary, the ‘Lion Crown’, has a bid of 125 ETH, which is ₹ 90 lakh cheaper.
Other items include the ‘Glass Suit’, ‘Dress from a Dream’, the ‘Impossible Tiara’, and the ‘Impossible Jackets’. All of the items, including the Doge Crown, were designed by the OGs themselves — Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
What would Musk get after spending more than ₹3.8 crore?
If the SpaceX founder is able to put in the highest bid, the Doge Crown — the actual physical item with seven blue sapphires and 142 diamonds — will be his.
In addition to the crown, the buyer will also receive a 4K rendered animation and stills of the item. There’s still more than three days left on the clock for interest parties to put in their bids, Musk included.
For a man with a net worth of ₹13.56 lakh crore, the current price of the Doge Crown is chump change. But,then again, Musk has never been one to follow the herd. Moreover, the influence of his tweets and statements has been called into question for doing more harm than good for cryptocurrencies, especially after he resigned his decision to accept Bitcoin as payment for Tesla cars.
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
Cryptocurrency prices show signs of recovery with Bitcoin whales ‘buying the dip’
Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
Popular on BI
- Hackers are using a new fake chatbot trick to steal your data — here’s how to keep yourself safe
- Google's Imagen can use text to make images, paintings, CGI renders using AI — here are some pictures
- New India Assurance net profit drawn down by huge operating loss in the health insurance segment
- LG’s rollable OLED TV finally debuts in India, priced at ₹75 lakhs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India