Executives from Coinbase, FTX, Circle, and other crypto firms are set to testify before Congress next week
- A handful of the cryptocurrency industry's biggest executives are going to testify before US lawmakers on Wednesday, Dec. 8.
- The roster includes
FTXCEO Sam Bankman-Fried, CoinbaseCFO Alesia Haas, and CircleCEO Jeremy Allaire.
Some of the cryptocurrency industry's biggest names are going to have something different on their agenda next week.
A heavyweights roster including FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried and Coinbase CFO Alesia Haas are set to meet with US lawmakers on Wednesday, Dec. 8, as Congress seeks to ramp up its regulatory oversight over the rapidly growing space.
The list of witnesses was released by Congresswoman
Other executives expected to attend include Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire, Bitfury CEO Brian Brooks, Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla, and Stellar CEO Denelle Dixon.
Since she became chair, Waters has executed on a stated mission to protect consumers and investors by holding big technology firms accountable. Her committee has held multiple hearings, including one on central bank digital currencies in July 2021 and another on the ongoing
The committee also announced the formation of the Digital Assets Working Group of Democratic Members in June, which seeks to meet "regularly with experts and government officials to learn about the challenges and promise of digital assets."
Generally speaking, Democrats, with Senator Elizabeth Warren as among the most outspoken, want stricter oversight as opposed to Republicans.
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days
- IPO-bound OYO acquires Denmark's holiday home chain Bornholmske Feriehuse
- Sensex rallies 580 points, buoyed by intense buying in IT, bank stocks