Executives from Coinbase, FTX, Circle, and other crypto firms are set to testify before Congress next week
- A handful of the cryptocurrency industry's biggest executives are going to testify before US lawmakers on Wednesday, Dec. 8.
- The roster includes
FTXCEO Sam Bankman-Fried, CoinbaseCFO Alesia Haas, and CircleCEO Jeremy Allaire.
Some of the cryptocurrency industry's biggest names are going to have something different on their agenda next week.
A heavyweights roster including FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried and Coinbase CFO Alesia Haas are set to meet with US lawmakers on Wednesday, Dec. 8, as Congress seeks to ramp up its regulatory oversight over the rapidly growing space.
The list of witnesses was released by Congresswoman
Other executives expected to attend include Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire, Bitfury CEO Brian Brooks, Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla, and Stellar CEO Denelle Dixon.
Since she became chair, Waters has executed on a stated mission to protect consumers and investors by holding big technology firms accountable. Her committee has held multiple hearings, including one on central bank digital currencies in July 2021 and another on the ongoing
The committee also announced the formation of the Digital Assets Working Group of Democratic Members in June, which seeks to meet "regularly with experts and government officials to learn about the challenges and promise of digital assets."
Generally speaking, Democrats, with Senator Elizabeth Warren as among the most outspoken, want stricter oversight as opposed to Republicans.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes is the need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip's founder Deep Kalra moves into a chief mentor role