G20 to take call on crypto assets, says Nirmala Sitharaman
"I don't want to get into the debate just now whether crypto will be regulated or banned. The G20 will take a call on that," she said when asked about the move to deal with it.
"G20 countries have signed an agreement to collectively work to boost world bank's financing capacity. The G20 welcomed the IMF-FSB (Financial Stability Board) crypto synthesis paper, including the roadmap, that will support a coordinated and comprehensive policy and regulatory framework," she said.
The Finance Minister was addressing a press conference along with Foreign Minister S Jaishankar and G20 Sherpa Amitabh Kant on the sidelines of the G20 summit.
She said that FSB has focussed more on the crypto regulations, whereas IMF has emphasised on the macroeconomic implications of crypto assets.
"The synthesis paper is something which the G20 membership will go through in detail. There's one more meeting, under our presidency for the finance track, in Marrakesh,"
G20 leaders have agreed to the discussions on the adoption of
"We welcome discussions on the potential macro-financial implications arising from the introduction and adoption of Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), notably on cross-border payments as well as on the international monetary and financial system," said the G20 discussion paper.
The G20 discussion paper further added that they welcome the BIS Innovation Hub (BISIH) Report on Lessons Learnt on CBDCs.
"Look forward to the IMF Report on Potential macro-financial implications of widespread adoption of CBDCs to advance the discussion on this issue," said the G20 discussion paper.
G20 Leaders Summit adopts New Delhi Declaration
G20 Summit: PM Modi announces launch of Global Biofuel Alliance
From Dream Girl 2 to Tootsie – Epic roles which saw male actors crossdress
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments