GameStop is hiring a team of NFT and Web3 specialists as its pushes into the future of the internet
GameStopposted eight jobs related to NFTsand Web 3.0on Monday.
- The gaming retailer has previously announced plans to push into new frontiers of the internet.
GameStop is looking to fill a slew of jobs geared at pushing the video game retail into the next frontiers of the internet.
The meme stock icon posted eight jobs on its career page Monday. The roles included three product marketing directors for its
GameStop described its push in the post for its head of Web3 gaming, saying it's looking for people who can "help accelerate the future of gaming and commerce. In this future, games are the places to go, and play is driven by the things you bring. Future creators won't just build games but also the components, characters, and equipment. Blockchains will power the commerce underneath. An ideal candidate will have experience across several domains in gaming, content creation, partnerships, game design/development/mechanics, and a general understanding and experience with Ethereum, NFTs, and blockchain based gaming platforms."
In May, the company launched a website called GameStop NFT, in which it indicated it was looking to hire a team to build out a platform for the digital-asset space. A representative from GameStop did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Web3, according to venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, is the next generation of the internet and comprises blockchain, cryptographic protocols, digital assets, DeFi, and social media.
Since the Reddit-fueled rally, GameStop management has made a push to become the Amazon of gaming with the help of Chewy cofounder Ryan Cohen.
GameStop shares slumped less than a percent early Tuesday, after closing 2.5% higher Monday at $173. 97.
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- SC quashes Kerala HC order granting anticipatory bail to 4 in ISRO espionage case
- India coal production for April-Nov period up 17%, to 524mn tonnes