Hip hop icon Eminem buys his first Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT, paying nearly $500,000
- Rap artist
Eminempurchased a Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT for 123.45 ETH, or about $462,000.
- He opened his OpenSea wallet less than a week ago but already has collected 22
- Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs are one of the most popular on OpenSea, with a current floor price of about $280,000.
Award-winning hip hop artist and icon Eminem purchased a Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT for the first time, joining a growing list of celebrities who have bought into the hype.
He acquired the non-fungible token, which he has since set as his Twitter profile picture, on the OpenSea platform for 123.45 ether, or about $462,000.
But this wasn't his first NFT purchase. Under the name Shady_Holdings, the rapper has loaded up on 22 NFTs, despite only opening his OpenSea wallet less than a week ago.
User GeeGaza, who sold Eminem the Bored Ape NFT, tweeted "I'm living in a simulation" after the transaction with the rap star.
Eminem has won 15 Grammy music awards in his multi-decade career, as well as the 2002 Oscar for Best Original Song.
Bored Ape Yacht Club is one of the most popular NFT sets on OpenSea, with a current floor price of 73.5 ether, or about $280,000 each. In late January, its floor price surpassed that of CryptoPunks for the first time.
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes