Investment in crypto products has fallen for a 4th straight week, with bitcoin logging a 2nd monthly outflow in July: CoinShares
Cryptoproducts saw 4 weeks of outflows, with $19.5 million in the week to July 30, according to CoinShares. Bitcoinsaw $67.8 million in outflows, while ethersaw outflows of $1.9 million over the course of July.
- Investors were using the "recent strength in prices to take profits" the report said.
Investment in crypto products fell for a fourth consecutive week in late July, with bitcoin "bearing the brunt" of the sell-off, according to research by CoinShares late on Monday.
Bitcoin saw a second month of outflows in a row in July, with a drop of $67.8 million. But this was far more modest than the $249.8 million outflow in June.
"We saw much larger outflows in May/June - it seems that the outflows are slowing," CoinShares investment strategist James Butterfill said.
In the last week in July, bitcoin surged above $38,000 for the first time in 6 weeks. Over the month, bitcoin gained 18.4% - its biggest one-month increase since March - having recovered from lows below $29,000.
"Investors were using recent strength in prices to take profits," the report said.
CoinShares is Europe's biggest crypto asset manager and its report looks at digital asset investment product activity across the globe.
Ether saw outflows of $1.9 million in the seven days to July 30, the second week of declines in row, despite having gained around 28% in value over the whole of July.
The more widely traded altcoins logged modest inflows over the month. Ripple's XRP saw inflows worth $2.7 million, polkadot's
The report showed that multi-asset investment products, such as the Bitcwise 10-crypto index fund, bucked the trend, with inflows of $7.5 million.
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months