Meta rolls out NFT support on Instagram to 100 countries
- Businesses in 100 countries will now be able to share their NFTs on Meta-owned
Metaannounced integration of crypto wallets like Coinbase and Dapper wallet alongside Flowblockchain.
NFTsharing on Meta was initially only available to select creators in the USA.
The expansion follows the social network's initial NFT test launch in May 2022. With this expansion, users and businesses in more than 100 countries in
Instagram's NFT functionality allows users to connect a digital wallet, share NFTs and automatically tag a creator and collector for attribution. Prior to the expansion, the support was only available to select creators in the US, reports TechCrunch.
The company also announced the integration of crypto wallets named
Users can share NFTs in their main Instagram feed, stories or messages. Once they post a digital collectible, it will have a shimmer effect and can display public information, such as a description of the NFT.
In order to post a digital collectible on Instagram, users need to connect their digital wallet to Instagram.
SEE ALSO: RBI hikes repo rate by 50 basis point to 5.4% as inflation is still ‘uncomfortable’
Binance co-founder Yi He to head its $7.5 billion VC arm
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley