Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Bored Ape #8585 just sold on OpenSea for $2.7 million.
- This is the third non-fungible token (NFT) from the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) to sell for more than $1 million in the last 30 days.
- BAYC is currently the fifth most valuable NFT collection in the crypto universe.
AdvertisementBored Ape #8585 is officially the most expensive non-fungible token (NFT) in the Yacht Club collection. The trippy ape, with a king’s crown, heart sunglasses, and a psychedelic body — basically the ape you want to take with you to Tomorrowland — sold for a whopping $2.7 million on the OpenSea market today.
And, it’s the third Bored Ape to sell for more than $1 million in the last 30 days. The other two contenders are Bored Ape #2087 and Bored Ape #5199. Coincidentally, the former also has psychedelic skin.
Source:OpenSea, NFT Stats
|Bored Ape||Selling price||Date of sale|
|#8585||$2.7 million||October 20|
|#5199||$1.6 million||October 14|
|#2087||$2.3 million||September 30|
Note: Dates as per Indian Standard Time
The average price of a Bored Ape has nearly doubled since August
The Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) is currently the fifth most valued NFT collection in the crypto universe, with an all-time sales volume of $567 billion.
Until two months ago, the average cost of buying one of BAYC’s NFTs was under $100,00. However, today, that figure stands at $196,000.
What seems to have triggered this jump, is the legacy auction house Sotheby’s wanting a piece of the action. On August 30, it announced that it would be putting 101 Bored Ape’s on sale. The mini-collection sold for a massive $24.4 million on September 11.
Bitcoin’s market value hits a new all-time high of $1.2 trillion
Cryptocurrency miners are taking a toll on power grids worldwide — Russia and Belarus join other countries look to separate them from other power users
Popular on BI
- FOMO and market volatility concerns key behind wealthy Indians lapping up ultra-luxury homes
- Young and restless: Zepto’s Vohra to Oyo’s Agarwal – meet India’s top self-made biz moguls
- New SIM card rules from Dec 1 include bulk purchase restrictions – All you need to know
- Netflix to bring popular game 'GTA: The Trilogy' on its mobile app in Dec
- Resilient India to outperform most global economies in FY24, says Client Associates