NFT prices are worth less than half what they were in April, as the market has cooled. Even Mark Cuban has had a digital token up for sale for a month.
NFTprices have lost significant value since the boom early in 2021 as the market is cooling.
cryptoheavyweight Mark Cubanhas had a piece of NFT artwork on sale for over a month.
- Sales volumes, prices and active market participants have all steadily declined after peaking in January this year.
As the previously red-hot NFT market has cooled off, sales in US dollars are now less than half of what they were in April, data from nonfungible.com shows. Even Mark Cuban, a big crypto proponent and popular personality in the community, has had a
The NFT market boomed earlier this year, reaching a high of almost 49,000 sales a day in early March, as celebrities, artists and musicians tapped into the mania for digital work. Almost all NFT sectors saw a decline in terms of sales and dollars spent throughout April, although overall sales volume in dollars spiked again in early May, averaging over $176 million during the first week of the month.
This blip higher can be attributed to a rise in the value of collectible NFTs, which are commonly part of a series like CryptoPunks, Meebits, or CryptoKitties. But volumes in dollar terms have since fallen to below $28 million on average in the past week from around $78.62 million a month ago, according to data from nonfungible.com.
NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, are
The NFT market boomed earlier this year, as buyers flocked to the crypto market, scooping up anything from bitcoin, to virtual land and even digital horses, even though NFTs had been around for years. In just one week in January, sales volume in US dollars accelerated from $7.28 million to $33.24 million.
But that frenzy has died down somewhat and there is growing talk of NFTs being in a bubble. Cuban, who owns the Dallas Mavericks, is a huge crypto advocate and a fan of meme token
'Nuevo Galaxy', a "multilayered work in the spirit of the world beyond" created by AnnieMc was purchased by Cuban for 0.4
Much like physical art and assets, people hope to gain a connection with the creator of an NFT by buying it and are excited by the thrill of the chase, as most NFTs are sold through online auctions.
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022