OnePlus cryptocurrency wallet could be in the works, company survey suggests
OnePlus blockchain surveyhas been posted in the company’s community app.
- Questions in the survey hint that OnePlus is exploring the possibility of launching its own cryptocurrency wallet.
- OnePlus’ survey tries to understand what cryptocurrency users use, the problems they face and how often they trade in crypto, among other things.
AdvertisementSmartphone maker OnePlus is surveying its users about blockchain technology and by extension, the need for a cryptocurrency wallet. The survey revolves around cryptocurrencies and whether OnePlus users use or have used popular cryptocurrency wallets like Coinbase, Binance among others.
The survey, first spotted by MySmartPrice, contains a list of questions asking users if they have invested in any type of cryptocurrency, their anonymous demographic details and more.
This could be a hint at OnePlus entering the blockchain/cryptocurrency space, even if it’s in the form of a wallet to store all your cryptocurrency purchases. Given that cryptocurrencies have exploded in popularity in India – OnePlus’ biggest market – and in other parts of the world, it might make some sense for the company to dip its toes in this space.
What is this OnePlus blockchain survey about?
So far, going by the questions in the survey OnePlus seems to be trying to understand the dealings of its users and what they think about cryptocurrencies. Apart from this, the survey also tries to understand the issues faced by users, be it investing or simply holding cryptocurrencies.
There are a few other questions related to using these cryptocurrency wallets, including the ease of use and what users feel about the security offered by these wallets.
Essentially, the survey revolves around what cryptocurrency users use, how often they invest or trade in crypto, the ease of use and security. The company has also posed questions about non-fungible tokens (NFT).
These questions seem essential from the point of view of designing a product, which suggests that OnePlus is indeed exploring the need and value of creating its own cryptocurrency wallet.
Business Insider has reached out to OnePlus for a comment. We will update this story as and when we receive a response.
So far, Samsung and HTC have launched their own cryptocurrency wallets or solutions. More specifically, Samsung’s blockchain wallet has been around since the launch of the Galaxy S10 series in 2019.
AdvertisementHTC went a step further and launched its dedicated cryptocurrency phone called the
It remains to be seen if the
Google Photos' free storage comes to an end, and there are hardly any good alternatives
OnePlus Nord CE 5G release date, specifications and everything else we know so far
OnePlus is giving away ₹9,000 worth Google Stadia bundle for free – but it’s not available in India
Popular on BI
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high