Orioles' Trey Mancini is going to release NFTs to raise money for a cancer charity since the baseballer beat the disease
- Trey Mancini says he will release NFTs during Monday's Home Run Derby for
- The tokens were made with Ben Armstrong, a TikTok influencer and will be available on Ureeqa.
- He has joined Katy Perry, Jay Z, Ja Rule, Rob Gronkowski and Lindsay Lohan in the
Baltimore Orioles slugger Trey Mancinis is the latest sports star to release their own digital collectible tokens. The first baseman's non-fungible tokens will be up for sale on Monday to raise money for his cancer
The NFTs will go up for sale on the Ureeqa platform. The professional
"This drop is extremely important to me," Mancini said in a statement quoted by Coindesk. "Not only is it my first experience with NFTs, but the cause is near and dear to my heart."
NFTs are essentially digital collectibles that represent real-life assets such as artwork, music, videos or even virtual land or animals. Each is unique and is verifiable and cannot be exchanged for another, unlike a
Mancinis has joined the plethora of celebrities who are using NFTs to raise money such as artist and producer Jay Z, rapper Ja Rule, entrepreneur Rob Gronkowski, actor Lindsay Lonhan and singer Katy Perry. What separates Mancini from the rest is the fact that his money will go to charity.
"All proceeds go to his foundation working to support cancer research and those who face serious illness and hardship," Amstrong wrote on Twitter.
Mancini's career began in 2016 and was interrupted when he was diagnosed with colon cancer last year. This year, he beat the disease and has dedicated his charity, the Trey Mancini Foundation, to raise funds to fight colon cancer.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling