Playboy hops on to the Metaverse with Sandbox
- A virtual version of
Playboyis being launched in the form of ‘ MetaMansion’.
- Exclusive access to the mansion would be given to holders of the ‘
Playboy RabbitarsNFT Project’.
- There are 5,204 Playboy Rabbitars official owners, owning a total supply of 11,953 tokens.
The MetaMansion will have a host of gaming, social and programmed events along with the release of NFTs in the future. According to a Business Insider article, Playboy has already made $12 million in
Anybunny home? We're teaming up with none other than.... @playboy! ♀️Together, we will be creating a Playb… https://t.co/I4jxsKnmjB— The Sandbox (@TheSandboxGame) 1657544457000
“This collaboration brings to the metaverse a distinctive vision of beauty that made the brand renowned around the world. Now, the Playboy brand can interact with a new metaverse-native generation in The Sandbox, sharing its history and art through a platform where everyone is united by global digital culture,”said Sébastien Borget, co-founder and chief operations officer of Sandbox.
A video clip accompanying the Sandbox’s official announcement shows pixelated beauties welcoming you on to a red carpet-lined event, where you are the star.
The holders – or as they say in the NFT world, hodlers (holders on for dear life) – of the ‘Playboy Rabbitars NFT project’ will have exclusive access to the Playboy MetaMansion.
AdvertisementPlayboy is in the Web 3 space for the long run it would seem, especially since it launched a product during the crypto bear market. The Playboy ‘Rabbitars’ value has significantly dropped since its launch in October 2021 when it sold at $800 apiece. In the past week, the average price of one Playboy Rabbitars Official NFT was $142.4. There are 5,204 Playboy Rabbitars Official owners, owning a total supply of 11,953 tokens.
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23
- Apple to declare the 12-inch MacBook as obsolete on June 30