The CEO of Kraken says the crypto exchange is considering a traditional IPO following rival Coinbase's volatile direct listing
KrakenCEO Jesse Powellsaid he is considering an IPOwhen his company goes public instead of a direct listing, Fortune reported.
- Powell's thinking was influenced by
Coinbase's volatile direct listing in April.
- The CEO ruled out going public via
SPAC, saying his company is "too big" for it already.
Kraken founder and CEO Jesse Powell said he is considering a traditional initial public offering to take the
View all Offers
- 17% OFF
Mi Smart Band 5 – India’s No. 1 Fitness Band, 1.1-inch AMOLED Color Display, Magnetic Charging, 2 Weeks Battery Life, Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI), Women’s Health Tracking₹ 2499₹ 2999Buy On
- 75% OFF
OFIXO Multi-Purpose Laptop Table/Study Table/Bed Table/Foldable and Portable Wooden/Writing Desk (Wooden)₹ 492₹ 1999Buy On
- 66% OFF
Samsung EVO Plus 64GB microSDXC UHS-I 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-MC64HA)₹ 649₹ 1899Buy On
- 62% OFF
Boya BYM1 Omnidirectional Lavalier Condenser Microphone with 20ft Audio Cable (Black)₹ 750₹ 1995Buy On
- 51% OFF
Lenovo 300 Wired Plug & Play USB Mouse, High Resolution 1600 DPI Optical Sensor, 3-Button Design with clickable Scroll Wheel, Ambidextrous, Ergonomic Mouse for Comfortable All-Day Grip (GX30M39704)₹ 249₹ 506Buy On
Unlike in an IPO, companies that go public via direct listing do not issue new shares.Following a record for Kraken's
The Kraken boss told Fortune that he is still optimistic his company can go public next year."Hopefully we'll have more analyst coverage out, and there's just more of a track record of growth for the industry that people feel like they can rely on," he said. While mulling over how best to take Kraken public, Powell said that a merger with a blank-check company was not an option.
"It might have been possible a few years ago, but today, I think we're too big to consider doing a SPAC," he said.
- BMW builds two futuristic electric scooters that you cannot buy
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days