The crypto trading hamster that outperformed the S&P 500 has died
Mr. Goxx, the hamster that became famous for tradingcryptocurrencies, has died.
- Mr. Goxx posted strong performance that outpaced the S&P 500 since he began trading in June.
- The last trade placed by Mr. Goxx was the sale of more than 3,000 tron tokens on November 20.
The crypto community is in mourning on Wednesday following the untimely death of Mr. Goxx, the crypto trading hamster that outperformed the S&P 500 since he began in June.
"Mr. Goxx has brought joy to people all across the globe and reminded us not to take life too seriously," Mr. Goxx's anonymous caretaker said in a tweet on Wednesday. The caretaker said Mr. Goxx showed no signs of serious illness, and fell asleep peacefully on Monday morning.
Mr. Goxx captured the internet's imagination over the summer as it placed trade after trade for various cryptocurrencies in its hamster trading office, which consisted of a wheel of intention, buy and sell decision tunnels, and various sensors and cameras.
Since it began trading on June 12, Mr. Goxx posted a career performance of 19.7%, nearly double the S&P 500's return of 10.9% over the same time period.
The hamster's last trade was selling 3,229.4 tron tokens on November 20, which proved timely given the cryptocurrency plunged nearly 10% this week after eToro said it would delist TRX from its platform for US investors.
The top three holdings of Mr. Goxx's portfolio were stellar, ether, and chiliz, according to the hamster's last livestream video.
The success of Mr. Goxx allowed his caretaker to raise more than $12,000 from the sale of Goxx Capital- themed NFTs. The proceeds funded a larger trading portfolio for the hamster, as well as the construction of a bigger and better trading rig, according to an October interview with Insider.
For now, the idea of continuing the crypto trading project with a new pet is of no relevance to the caretaker as they mourn the loss of Mr. Goxx.
"Thank you and rest in peace, Max (a.k.a. Mr. Goxx). You will be missed, and your memory will live forever on the blockchain," the caretaker said.
Rest easy Mr. Goxx.
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes