The Dallas Mavericks are giving away free gift-cards to customers who buy merch using cryptocurrency
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Dallas Mavericksare giving away $25 gift cards to customers who buy over $150 of merch using cryptocurrencies.
- It's the latest crypto-friendly move from the NBA team, which owner
Mark Cubansaid is the largest dogecoinvendor.
- Customers can buy merchandise with cryptocurrencies including
bitcoin, ether, dogecoin, USDC, and GUSD.
AdvertisementThe Dallas Mavericks are giving away $25 e-gift cards to customers who purchase at least $150 of merchandise with select cryptocurrencies.
The giveaway, dubbed "Mavs Cryptomania," is the latest move from the NBA team to promote cryptocurrencies.
Earlier this year, the team added dogecoin to its list of accepted coins for payment of tickets and merchandise.
Shortly after the announcement, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said the team had completed more than 20,000 transactions in dogecoin, making his NBA team the largest merchant of the meme-based cryptocurrency.
Cuban tweeted a picture of the gift card promotion on Friday with the hashtag "#dogemania." He also told fans that they can buy suites and lower level tickets with cryptocurrencies.
The NBA team currently uses BitPay to process cryptocurrency purchases from bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash, doge, USDC, GUSD, BUSD, and PAX.
The creator of dogecoin, who goes by the name "Shibtoshi Nakamoto" on Twitter, cheered on the news and told their followers: "If you wanna support one of the first big name vendors to evangelize DOGE for purchases, as @mcuban says, it's ready for you," while linking to the announcement.
The Mavericks' promotion is valid through September 30.
Bitcoin gained 0.76% to trade around $48,600 Saturday morning. Dogecoin was relatively flat around 28 cents.
Popular on BI
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS