The solana network says it is seeing 'intermittent instability' - but its sol token is holding steady
Solanaannounced on Twitter on Tuesday its mainnet was down due to "resource exhaustion".
- They added that validators are preparing for a potential restart if necessary.
network's native soltoken was holding steady despite the outage.
"Resource exhaustion in the network is causing a denial of service, engineers are working towards a resolution. Validators are preparing for a potential restart if necessary," Solana said on Twitter. The issue began around 07:00 ET.
The sol coin, which last week hit record highs in spite of a widespread sell-off in the cryptocurrency market, is the native token of the solana network. It was last up around 1.0% at $159.90 according to coinmarketcap.com. On September 9, it hit a record above $200.
This is a bump in the road for the network, as many investors have favored it over other altcoins. Last week, solana-backed products saw more inflows than bitcoin- and ethereum-backed investments, according to data from CoinShares. Sol has gained around 250% over the last month, making it the top-performing major cryptocurrency, beating ether, which is up 2.5% and former market darling dogecoin, which has fallen 30% in this time.
The network is one of the youngest blockchains in operation. Solana's whitepaper was released in 2017, compared with the bitcoin whitepaper, which surfaced in 2008 and the ethereum whitepaper, which was published in 2013.
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine
- Lamborghini Revuelto: Plug-in hybrid supercar with V12 engine hits Indian roads
- 10 Lesser-known destinations to visit in India in December
- Christian Louboutin Announces a Joint Venture Partnership in India with Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler