Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says bitcoin's 'weird as hell' community inspires him and reminds him of the internet's early days
Jack Dorseycited the "weird as hell" bitcoincommunity as the reason for his support of the digital currency.
- Dorsey said bitcoin's "always evolving" network reminds him of the internet's early days.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said part of what drives his passion for bitcoin is its community, which he described as being "weird as hell."
Dorsey chatted everything related to the digital asset in a virtual bitcoin conference with Tesla CEO Elon Musk, ARK Invest CEO Cathie Wood, and Square Crypto Lead Steve Lee on Wednesday.
He cited the bitcoin network as his inspiration for supporting the currency.
"It's deeply principled, it's weird as hell, it's always evolving," Dorsey said, adding that its community reminds him of the early days of the internet when he was a kid.
"It's the only reason that I have a career - because I learned so much from people like who are building bitcoin today," Dorsey said.
Dorsey hopes bitcoin can create "world peace" in an environment driven by "too many monopolies of violence."
"It's going to be long-term, but my hope is definitely peace," he said.
Dorsey has become an influencer for
Musk has also been vocal about his support for the digital currency. He and Dorsey have struck up a friendly rapport on Twitter in recent years.
The Twitter CEO invited Musk to speak at Wednesday's event in a series of tweets back in late June. They discussed, among other things, the future of bitcoin and the digital asset's potentially negative effects on the environment.
Wednesday's chat was one of the pair's first public appearances.
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade