Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says bitcoin's 'weird as hell' community inspires him and reminds him of the internet's early days
Jack Dorseycited the "weird as hell" bitcoincommunity as the reason for his support of the digital currency.
- Dorsey said bitcoin's "always evolving" network reminds him of the internet's early days.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said part of what drives his passion for bitcoin is its community, which he described as being "weird as hell."
Dorsey chatted everything related to the digital asset in a virtual bitcoin conference with Tesla CEO Elon Musk, ARK Invest CEO Cathie Wood, and Square Crypto Lead Steve Lee on Wednesday.He cited the bitcoin network as his inspiration for supporting the currency.
"It's the only reason that I have a career - because I learned so much from people like who are building bitcoin today," Dorsey said.Dorsey hopes bitcoin can create "world peace" in an environment driven by "too many monopolies of violence."
"It's going to be long-term, but my hope is definitely peace," he said.Dorsey has become an influencer for
The Twitter CEO invited Musk to speak at Wednesday's event in a series of tweets back in late June. They discussed, among other things, the future of bitcoin and the digital asset's potentially negative effects on the environment.
Wednesday's chat was one of the pair's first public appearances.
- Philips Avent urges fathers to support mothers in breastfeeding, reminding them that parenting is a team effort
- Indian factories added jobs for the first time in 15 months
- Birla is reportedly ready to give Vodafone Idea to the Indian government
- How to join missed group calls on WhatsApp
- EVTRIC, a new brand of electric scooters hit the market starting at a little less than ₹65,000