Twitter is giving away 140 free NFTs to followers — and they’re not available any other way
- TwittembeddedTwitter is giving away 140 NFTs for free to its followers in a giveaway campaign launched on June 30.
- According to Rarible, there are seven unique NFTs in editions of 20 up for grabs which include ‘The Reply Guy’, various renditions of the
- Twitter’s Jack Dorsey and rapper Jay-Z are also reportedly planning to add NFTs and smart contracts to the music streaming platform Tidal, which they co-own.
The official account has even changed its bio description to “dropping NFTs all day.”
The Jack Dorsey-owned social media platform is giving away 140 non-fungible tokens (NFTs) in a free giveaway campaign, which includes various renditions of the Twitter logo like Furry Twitter, Rare Form and Twitter Jggl.
140 free NFTs for 140 of you, besties https://t.co/0Pm0tNhIRg— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059469000
Rarible, the NFT platform that is hosting this giveaway, disclosed that there are seven unique NFTs in editions of 20 up for grabs. The first one up for grabs was ‘Reply Guy — The man behind mansplaining’.
Reply GuyThe man behind the mansplaining. https://t.co/H5YdNxVUvl— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059474000
Twitter’s co-founder CEO is doubling down on NFTs
Jack Dorsey, the man behind Twitter, has always been a strong supporter of Bitcoin. Last week, he said that he would leave his financial payments company Square and Twitter to work on Bitcoin if it needed more help.
If I were not at Square or Twitter, I'd be working on bitcoin. If it (Bitcoin) needed more help than Square and Twitter, I'd leave them for Bitcoin.
In March, the American tech billionaire joined the NFT craze when he sold his first-ever tweet for $2.9 million as an NFT on Valuables. The buyer, Hakan Estavi — chief executive at Bridge Oracle — said the tweet was as valuable as fine art, like the Mona Lisa.
Here are the other NFTs that Twitter is putting up for grabs:
- Vitamin T
Vitamin TTake daily for a good time. https://t.co/xbc2ByTDef— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059480000
Furry TwitterLike but don’t touch. https://t.co/oFTngwhJms— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059482000
3. Twitter Jggl
twttr jgglYou are what you Tweet. https://t.co/gQwNikTXrN— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059486000
4. Rare Form
Rare FormThat’s it. That’s the logo. https://t.co/d6KQWzkczP— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059491000
5. First Born
First BornCheck in on your Tweets. https://t.co/qrKHOeVxtU— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059501000
6. Building Characters
Building Characters The Great Glow Up https://t.co/2VQ7ZGcr5q— Twitter (@Twitter) 1625059496000
What are NFTs?
NFTs aren’t fungible, as the name implies. This means that each NFT is unique and one can’t be switched out for another, as in the case for Bitcoin or Ether. It’s like the deed to your house or the registration of your car. Yes, it has value, but one can’t be switched out for another — even if they have the same price.
Like Twitter, Reddit is also launching NFTs of its famous alien mascot, CryptoSnoo — only they’re not free but being auctioned off on the NFT platform OpenSea.
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
First iOS 15 public beta with Focus mode, FaceTime improvements and more now rolling out – here’s how to install it on your iPhone
Vodafone Idea shares in deep red as an uncertain future looms
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Mossad assassinated Iran's top nuclear scientist using an AI-powered, remote-controlled machine gun, report says
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail