More than half of WazirX's new users this year are from tier 2 and tier 3 cities
WazirX in a statement said the influx of cheaper and faster internet clubbed with continuously-lowered smartphone prices have led to rapid internet penetration in the semi-urban cities and rural towns of India.
"Coupled with the pandemic-induced lockdown, it has further accelerated the digital adoption in these regions.
"Moreover, it has also been the biggest driver of crypto adoption in India, as it has led to people trying to find new ways to earn online and diversify their portfolio," the statement said.
The India-based exchange claims to have over over 7.3 million users, and has clocked over USD 21.8 billion in trading volume in 2021 till date.
Tier-II cities like Ahmedabad,
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
Messi may or may not be going to PSG, but the French club is already seeing gains from the 'potential' signing
This Indian crypto company just raised $2.5 million to launch crypto mutual funds and ETFs
Popular on BI
- Vivo ED raids: Two Chinese directors of a related company flee
- RBI tries to boost forex reserves by easing NRI deposit norms
- TCS to flag off the earnings season — here’s what to expect
- RIL, TCS, Titan, Bharti Airtel among stocks to watch out for on July 7
- Best HP laptop in India 2022: Which one is for you?