Cult.fit will now open 5 centers in the newly formed union territory of Jammu & Kashmir
- Cult.fit fitness center which is run by the startup Cure.fit, will now open five spaces in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The Indian government recently scrapped Article 370, separating Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh and turning them into union territories.
Curefitwas founded in 2016 by Myntra co-founder Mukesh Bansal and former Flipkart Chief Business Officer Ankit Nagori.
AdvertisementIndian fitness startup Cure.fit which runs fitness chain Cult.fit, is now all set to open five centres in the newly formed of union territory of Jammu & Kashmir.
This comes in days after the Indian government brought the valley under its rule, and divided the state into two union territories. It also scrapped Article 370 and Article 35A which were holding back investments as it forbid anyone who isn’t a Kashmiri, from owning land in the valley.
Now, that situation has changed. “We are happy to announce our foray into the newly created union territory of Jammu & Kashmir through cult.fit fitness centres. The recent announcement from the Government of India potentially opens up opportunities for our business growth and also create job opportunities. We intend to foray with five cult.fit fitness centres and keep on working to expand our offerings,” said Ankit Nagori, co-founder, cure.fit.
Curefit was founded in 2016 by Myntra co-founder Mukesh Bansal and former Flipkart Chief Business Officer Ankit Nagori. It has fitness centers under the
In three years, the startup registered 4 lakh users for curefit, with 180 centers across Bengaluru, Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Hyderabad. All these provide an annual revenue of $100 million. The company now plans to grow to 800 centers by 2020.
Indian government to ‘reorganise’ Jammu and Kashmir — plans to hire 1,300 engineers for its first Metro project
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season