Cyrus Mistry reveals Ratan Tata was open to selling TCS, denies being a hands-off chairman
AdvertisementIn a statement,
"It is important to set the record straight since insinuations and leaks are being made explicitly to create an illusion that Mistry was a "hands off" Chairman and TCS/JLR were on "auto-pilot" during his leadership,” a statement from the office of Cyrus Mistry said.
The statement said that he had met at least 60 global CEOs, some along with
The statement from Mistry’s office also said that
The letter stated that at the time, FC Kohli, the then head of TCS was suffering from a cardiac condition and that JRD had refused to discuss the deal while Kohli was still in the hospital.
“On his return, Mr. Kohli assured JRD that TCS had a bright future and the group should not sell the company. JRD Tata turned down the offer, demonstrating true vision. But, it was also a neardeath experience for TCS at the hands of Mr. Ratan Tata,” the statement said.
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade