Indian companies know how to sell data but not how to protect it
- Data in India has grown by 130% but nearly one-third of Indian businesses have reported irreversible data loss.
- The primary challenge, according to
DellGlobal Data Protection Index 2018, is the lack of adequate data protection options.
- Despite the many challenges, nearly half of Indian businesses have found a way to monetize data, which is greater than the global average of 36%.
Despite the obstacles, businesses in India are ahead of the curve with 47% of them monetizing data compared on a global average of 36%.
It’s not that Indian businesses aren’t using vendors to protect their data. In fact, most of them have at least two vendors on board according to Dell’s Global Data Protection Index 2018. But despite vigilance, nearly one-third of the business in India have reported losing data with no way of getting it back.
The primary challenge that businesses in India face is that data protection solutions for emerging technologies aren’t available. This is especially true when it comes to
Another challenge for Indian businesses is being unable to keep pace with the rapid changes in data storage technology when it comes to protecting and keeping track of data. Only 32% of Indian businesses feel that their technology is ready to take on the challenges of tomorrow while the rest are still looking for future-proof solutions.
The complexity of configuring and operating the data protection software is also reportedly strenuous.
A majority of Indian corporates are unprepared for cyber security challenges: Report
Big data and analytics may be the hottest sector, but India has a serious dearth of data scientists
Whatsapp, Google yet to fully comply with India’s data localisation norms despite repeated inquiries from the government
- Mexico's COVID deaths pass 30,000, world's 5th highest total
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311