Day after Amazon Prime Video launches in India, Netflix ropes in the king of Bollywood
Online streaming service
The first title that will come on Netflix is Dear Zindagi which was released theatrically on 25 November. The highly-anticipated film directed by Gauri Shinde stars Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt. Among other Red Chillies titles available on Netflix will be box office hits including Happy New Year, Dilwale and Om Shanti Om.
Apart from limited availability of local content on the online streaming site, varying internet conditions in India has been a big challenge for Netflix ever since it entered India market in January this year but the Global Internet TV network is in talks with internet service providers in India to give Netflix fans in India seamless streaming experience.
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts