China Successfully Tests 'Carrier Killer' Missile In The Gobi Desert [REPORT]
The China Times is a 63 year old Taiwanese paper slightly slanted toward unification, but with a solid reputation and accurate reporting.
The Times report originates with a Google Earth image published at SAORBOATS Argentinian internet forum.
The photo shows two big craters on a 600 foot platform deep in China's Gobi desert that Chinese
There has been talk of the DF-21 for years with estimates of its range, threat, and theater changing implications, but this could be the first known test of the rocket.
The Dong-Feng-21D ballistic missile is expected to ring China's coast on its truck-mounted launcher, posing a significant threat to U.S. Naval forces in the region.
The 21D is particularly deadly in that it streaks to the atmosphere guided by satellites and possibly GPS enabled drones, and then drops faster than sound straight down on its target.
"The thing to keep in mind is that, in order for China to successfully attack a U.S. navy ship with a ballistic missile," Cliff told The Diplomat, "it must first detect the ship, identify it as a U.S. warship of a type that it wishes to attack ... [then] over-the-horizon radars used to detect ships can be jammed, spoofed, or destroyed; smoke and other obscurants can be deployed ... and when the missile locks on to the target its seeker can be jammed or spoofed."
Which is good news for U.S. troops as they're now facing a greater number of deployments to the region than at any time since WWII.
- Elon Musk said Twitter will start showing users how many people have seen their tweets, and got Jack Dorsey's approval
- A janitor laid off at Twitter's headquarters said one of Elon Musk's team members told him he'd be replaced by robots
- Adani Group to have two nominees on NDTV's board after proposal approved
- Cyclone Mandous weakens into deep depression after crossing coast in TN
- India abstains on UNSC resolution exempting aid from sanctions, says terror groups in neighbourhood take advantage of carve-outs
- BSF, Pak Rangers exchange fire along international border in Rajasthan
- Indians report unexpected rise in heart attacks, says survey
- WHO concerned over increasing antibiotic resistance in human infections
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World