A woman gave birth to a baby girl aboard a US Air Force evacuation flight from Afghanistan
- A woman gave birth aboard an Afghan evacuation flight on Saturday, according to the
- The pilot descended to lower altitude when the woman went into labor and experienced complications.
- She gave birth to a baby girl on the plane after it landed at Ramstein Air Base in
A mother gave birth to a baby aboard an Afghan evacuation flight on Saturday, according to tweets from the US Air Force's Air Mobility Command.
According to the Air Force, the woman went into labor and began having complications on a flight to Ramstein Air Base in Germany, from an intermediate staging base in the Middle East.
The pilot decided to descend to a lower altitude to "increase air pressure in the aircraft, which helped stabilize and save the mother's life," the tweet said.
After landing in Germany, Airmen from the 86th Medical Group boarded the flight and helped deliver the baby in the plane's cargo hold, according to the Air Force.
The mother and her baby girl were then taken to a nearby medical facility and are in good condition, the tweet said.
Thousands of American citizens and US visa holders have been evacuated from
Most have been taken to other Middle Eastern countries such as Qatar, where they await transfer to Ramstein, and eventually the US, according to Military.com.
On Saturday, Brig. Gen. Josh Olson told CNN that Ramstein has the capacity to accommodate 5,000 people but that they are building extra facilities to house up to 7,500 by Sunday evening.
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Best free Android games without ads in 2022
- Europe on red alert for monkeypox as EU health chiefs ask nations to prepare vaccination strategies
- These states in India are paying up to ₹15 extra on petrol compared to other states
- Vaccine makers are making over $1,000 per second and furiously holding on to their monopolies
- Former Twitter India head is looking to wind down his metaverse college in less than six months
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction