A woman gave birth to a baby girl aboard a US Air Force evacuation flight from Afghanistan
- A woman gave birth aboard an Afghan evacuation flight on Saturday, according to the
- The pilot descended to lower altitude when the woman went into labor and experienced complications.
- She gave birth to a baby girl on the plane after it landed at Ramstein Air Base in
View all Offers
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
- 8% OFF
OnePlus 9R 5G (Lake Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 36999₹ 39999Buy On
- 11% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G (Phantom Black, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 84999₹ 95999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
A mother gave birth to a baby aboard an Afghan evacuation flight on Saturday, according to tweets from the US Air Force's Air Mobility Command.
According to the Air Force, the woman went into labor and began having complications on a flight to Ramstein Air Base in Germany, from an intermediate staging base in the Middle East.
The pilot decided to descend to a lower altitude to "increase air pressure in the aircraft, which helped stabilize and save the mother's life," the tweet said.
After landing in Germany, Airmen from the 86th Medical Group boarded the flight and helped deliver the baby in the plane's cargo hold, according to the Air Force.
The mother and her baby girl were then taken to a nearby medical facility and are in good condition, the tweet said.
Thousands of American citizens and US visa holders have been evacuated from
Most have been taken to other Middle Eastern countries such as Qatar, where they await transfer to Ramstein, and eventually the US, according to Military.com.
On Saturday, Brig. Gen. Josh Olson told CNN that Ramstein has the capacity to accommodate 5,000 people but that they are building extra facilities to house up to 7,500 by Sunday evening.
- Can crypto go green? Here are six questions that explain the digital world's bid to become eco-friendly
- Nykaa raises nearly ₹2,400 crore in anchor investment from Government of Singapore, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and others
- ITC, Adani Ports, Bajaj Auto, Titan and other hot stocks to watch out for on October 28
- Nykaa IPO will open today — here is how to apply via bank and apps like Zerodha, Paytm Money
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million