A woman gave birth to a baby girl aboard a US Air Force evacuation flight from Afghanistan
- A woman gave birth aboard an Afghan evacuation flight on Saturday, according to the
- The pilot descended to lower altitude when the woman went into labor and experienced complications.
- She gave birth to a baby girl on the plane after it landed at Ramstein Air Base in
A mother gave birth to a baby aboard an Afghan evacuation flight on Saturday, according to tweets from the US Air Force's Air Mobility Command.
According to the Air Force, the woman went into labor and began having complications on a flight to Ramstein Air Base in Germany, from an intermediate staging base in the Middle East.
The pilot decided to descend to a lower altitude to "increase air pressure in the aircraft, which helped stabilize and save the mother's life," the tweet said.
After landing in Germany, Airmen from the 86th Medical Group boarded the flight and helped deliver the baby in the plane's cargo hold, according to the Air Force.
The mother and her baby girl were then taken to a nearby medical facility and are in good condition, the tweet said.
Thousands of American citizens and US visa holders have been evacuated from
Most have been taken to other Middle Eastern countries such as Qatar, where they await transfer to Ramstein, and eventually the US, according to Military.com.
On Saturday, Brig. Gen. Josh Olson told CNN that Ramstein has the capacity to accommodate 5,000 people but that they are building extra facilities to house up to 7,500 by Sunday evening.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Freshers feel the heat as IT majors put onboarding on indefinite hold
- Musk again offers to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share: Report
- Competition Commission gives conditional approval to Sony-Zee merger deal
- Omnichannel becomes omniscient as retailers gear up for revenge festive celebration
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World