Chinese Defence Minister understood to have sought meeting with Rajnath Singh amid border tensions
Singh and Wei are currently in Moscow to attend a meeting of SCO defence ministers on Friday.
According to information, the Chinese side conveyed to the Indian mission its keenness to have a meeting between the two defence ministers.
However, there is no official confirmation about it.
Tensions flared in eastern Ladakh after China unsuccessfully attempted to occupy Indian territory in the Southern Bank of Pangong lake four days back when the two sides were engaged in diplomatic and military talks to resolve the festering border row.
India occupied a number of strategic heights on the southern bank of Pangong lake and strengthened its presence in Finger 2 and Finger 3 areas in the region to thwart any Chinese actions. China has strongly objected to India's move.
India has also rushed in additional troops and weapons to the sensitive region following the Chinese attempts.
India on Thursday said the border tension in Ladakh over the past four months is a "direct result" of Chinese actions aimed at effecting unilateral change in the status quo of the region, and asserted that the only way forward to resolve it was through negotiations.
The comments by the Ministry of External Affairs(MEA) that squarely put the blame on China for the prolonged border standoff came even as Chief of Defence Staff(CDS) Gen. Bipin Rawat asserted that India's armed forces are capable of handling aggressive Chinese actions in "best suitable ways".
India says border situation is a ‘direct result’ of Chinese actions as it repositions troops in Ladakh
India bans PUBG, Ludo World, and 116 other Chinese mobile applications
Interim relief from Supreme Court on loan moratorium — says banks must not declare accounts as NPAs for two months
Popular on BI
- FPIs invest over ₹36,000 crore in Indian equities in November – Financial services is top favourite
- Dyson’s futuristic air-purifying, noise-canceling headphones are ready to hit the market from January 2023
- Wordle is the most googled topic in 2022, here's how it started and how to play it
- Apple expands end-to-end encryption to iCloud in a bid to make it safer for vulnerable profiles like celebrities, activists, or journalists
- BharatPe sues Ashneer Grover and wife for swindling firm; asks them to repay ₹88 cr
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World