Five terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir amid encounter in Shopian district
- Five unidentified militants have been killed in an encounter in
Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian district, according to the state police.
- The encounter between security forces and militants broke out on June 7 morning.
- The encounter ensued after security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Reban area of Shopian.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Reban area of Shopian in South Kashmir this morning after receiving specific information about the presence of militants in the area, a police official said. He said the search operation turned into an encounter after militants fired upon a search party of the forces, who retaliated.
According to details, security forces had a specific input about the presence of terrorists in that area. As the security forces zeroed in on the spot where the terrorists were hiding, they came under fire that triggered the encounter. Kashmir Inspector General of Police Vijay Kumar told IANS that the identity of the killed terrorists is being established.
This year a total of 75 militants have been killed so far in the Kashmir Valley, as per the police records.
(With IANS and PTI inputs)
Bihar registers 233 new coronavirus cases with its overall tally rising to 4.831
Noida’s total coronavirus cases hit 591 with 21 new cases detected in the past 24 hours
Six more people die of coronavirus in Pune with 342 fresh cases
Popular on BI
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh